One-to-one or focus-group consultations, and/or training workshops.
- Help CALD organisations/community leaders etc. to identify barriers to community engagement.
- Support organisations to identify their target audience, relevant CALD organisations/community groups, networks and links.
- Support to create unique approaches to engagement, both in terms of channels and format.
Deliver one-to-one or focus-group consultations, and/or training workshops.
- Tailored support to the target organisations to outline relevant CALD community groups and their leadership structures;
- Advice on priority needs of interest to target organisation;
- Advice on current issues and challenges for CALD communities of interest to target organisation;
Provide CALD community leaders, government organisations and service providers one-to-one and focus-group consultations, and training workshops.
- Identifying culturally appropriate communication strategies;
- Support links to appropriate accredited interpreters and translators;
- Strategies to support respectful communication (i.e. who should be the main communicator, how to create trusted messengers);
- Consult with the community groups/clients to document current service and information needs
- Develop co-design processes/workshops for designing of effective service responses
- Identify strategies to codesign effective service responses arising from the workshops
Provide CALD individual/community and service providers one-to-one or focus-group consultations, and /or training workshops.
- Assess training needs/gaps for the target organisation and staff
- Support to understand barriers for participants with culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds.
- Cultural Competency and Cultural Safety training for appropriate staff/volunteers
- Advice on raising the profile of the target organisation’s service through tailored promotional approaches.
- What is leadership?
- What is available for free or at low cost for community organisations?
- How to apply for funding?
- How to establish government funded support services for your community?
- How to write submission?
- How to promote your activities?
- How to incorporate and manage a not-for-profit association?
- Public Speaking – elective
- Effective communication with government representatives – elective
- Government structures and processes – elective